- [97%] Advanced Networking
- [96%] Algorithms and Complexity
- [95%] Programming Languages
- [94%] Security of Real-World Systems
- [86%] Final Year Project
- [A*] Computer Science
- [A*] Mathematics
- [A] English Language
- Debug complex low-level media crashes from production environments.
- Improve fuzzing and static analysis tooling to detect more security issues.
- Maintain build systems and CI/CD to ensure smooth internal workflows.
- Designed and created the new Jamstack landing page from scratch.
- Developed a frontend and various microservices for the Chemistry SaaS.
- Wrote CI/CD pipelines and Docker images for improved automation flows.
- Fixed security-sensitive memory corruption bugs in gstreamer plugins.
- Improved testing and CI process by adding support for LLVM builds.
- Added instrumentation to the build to allow for static analysis and fuzzing.
- Introduced support for next-gen ARM security features in firmware.
- Improved build processes for Trusted Firmware A in the OSS group.
- Presented to engineers in the Open Source Software Group about using the Undefined Behavior Sanitizer in firmware, an area I researched while interning.
Capture the Flag competition for Hack The Midlands 4.0 and 5.0.
I developed and ran a 8-challenge mini-event for the hackathon, involving chatbots, dns servers, reverse-engineering and more!
An entirely open-source port forwarding helper from localhost built using SSH tunnels.
I built it out of a frustration that none of the existing tools in the area were open source or had minimal client-side dependencies.
Timetable extractor and converter for University of Birmingham web timetables.
The default university timetable interface was complex to navigate, so I constructed a command line tool to extract it into a variety of formats.
- Represented the university in CTFs as a top 10 ranked UK team.
- Developed WhatTheCTF competitions for UoB’s School of Computer Science and INRIA’s 2019 SILM summer school.
- Managed infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform and Hetzner using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built up the CompSci community at UoB by encouraging participation in society events, and enhancing relations with societies at other Universities.
- Organized and ran a number of events, including hackathons, talks and workshops.
- Became a Google Student Developer Club Lead to include more workshops and talks.
- Helped plan and organize a hackathon of over 250 attendees.
- Built and deployed a number of web services to enhance attendee experience.
- Designed and ran a CTF, accessible to attendees of all ages and skill levels.